The Folk Dancing Gild sponsors a Contra Dance at Arden Gild Hall in north-eastern Delaware. Dances feature live bands and callers from Maine to North Carolina, a nice floor, and much more! Regular Admission is $10.00, $9.00/Arden Club members. Join us on Facebook.
The Folk Dancing Gild also sponsors Israeli and International folk dances and square dances on Wednesday nights.
- Dances are usually first Sundays from 2:00 pm to 5:00pm, with a lesson for new dancers starting at 1:30pm. Exceptions are posted below.
- September 7: Donna Hunt calling with Dancewiz
- Steve Epstein (clarinet and sax), Bill Quern (mando, banjo, fiddle, melodeon), Josh Burdick (fiddle), and Adlai Waxman (piano, accordion)
- Join us at El Diablo Burritos after the dance.
- October 5: Dan Black calling with Raise the Roof
- Mat Clark (fiddle), Judi Stellar (hammered dulcimer), Kathy Talvitie (guitar), and Paul Morrissett (bass)
- Pot luck at Donna’s and Chris’ house after the dance.
- November 2: David Eisenstadter calling with Perpetual eMotion
- No dance in December
- January 1, 2015: New Years Day Special
- 2:00 to 5:00p International Folk Dancing with International Folk Sounds (live music)
- 5:00 to 7:00p Pot luck supper in the Gild Hall
- 7:00 to 10:00p Contra dance with Coracree and calling by Anna Rain
- January 18: Mason Dixon Contra Dance Orchestra with calling by Jan Alter and Susan Taylor
- Jamming and pot luck supper in the Gild Hall after the dance
- February 1: TBA
- March 1: TBA
- April 12: TBA Second Sunday, not Easter Sunday
- May 3: TBA
- June 7: TBA
Directions for Traveling Dancers
From Philadelphia and north:
Take I95 south to Delaware line.
Use I495 to take the Naamans Rd. exit.
Turn right and head west for 1.7 miles.
Turn left at the light on Marsh Rd/Rt 3.
Turn left at the next light on Harvey Rd.
Turn right at the next light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
From Baltimore, Newark DE and south:
Take I95 north through Wilmington.
Exit at the Harvey Road exit, 5 miles north of Wilmington.
Turn left on Harvey Road.
Turn left at the third light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
2126 The Highway, Arden, DE 19810
If you would like to play or call for the Arden Contra Dance, please contact Chris Deephouse at 302.477.1867 or chris|at|deephouse.name.