The Folk Dancing Gild sponsors a Contra Dance at Arden Gild Hall in north-eastern Delaware. Dances are usually on the first Sunday of every month except summer, with some special dances on other days. Check the calendar below for specific dates. Dances are from 2 to 5 pm, with a free dance lesson from 1:30 – 2:00. Dances feature live bands and callers from Maine to North Carolina, a nice floor, and much more! Regular Admission is $10.00, $9.00/Arden Club members.
Join the Arden Folk Dancing Gild on Facebook. The Folk Dancing Gild also sponsors folk dances on Wednesday nights.
- Dances are usually first Sundays from 2:00 pm to 5:00pm, with a lesson for new dancers starting at 1:30pm. Exceptions will be posted below.
- April 7 Corachree with calling by Ken Gall from Indianapolis
- Jane Rothfield (fiddle), Allan Carr (bass), Bill Quern (mandolin), Sarah Gowan (guitar) and Joe DePaolo (drums)
- May 5 Bob and the Wombats with calling by Jan Alter
Carl Friedman (fiddle, flute), Robin Wilson (flute, concertina), Ralph Barthine (guitar), Bob Pasquarello (piano)
- June 2 Run of the Mill String Band with Susan Taylor calling contras and squares
- Palmer Loux (fiddle), Greg Loux (Guitar), Paul Sidlick (banjo) and Tom Schaffer (upright bass) Facebook
- Pizza and pool party after the dance in the Arden Club pool. Bring your bathing suit and towel.
- No dance in July or August
- September 8
- October 6
- November 3
Directions for Traveling Dancers
From Philadelphia and north:
Take I95 south to Delaware line.
Use I495 to take the Naamans Rd. exit.
Head west for 1.7 miles.
Turn left at the light on Marsh Rd/Rt 3.
Turn left at the next light on Harvey Rd.
Turn right at the next light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
From Baltimore, Newark DE and south:
Take I95 north through Wilmington.
Exit at the Harvey Road exit 5 miles north of Wilmington.
Turn left on Harvey Road.
Turn left at the third light Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
2126 The Highway, Arden, DE 19810
If you would like to play or call for the Arden Contra Dance, please contact Chris Deephouse at 302.477.1867 or chris|at|deephouse.name.
Nearby Contra Dances