The Folk Dancing Gild sponsors a Contra Dance at the Arden Gild Hall in north-eastern Delaware. Dances feature live bands and callers from Maine to North Carolina, a nice floor, and much more! Regular admission is $10.00, $9.00 Arden Club members, $5 students. Join us on Facebook.
Three Arden dance regulars have volunteered to join the group running the Arden contra dance. We are still looking for ideas and people to help increase attendance. Read more…
The Folk Dancing Gild also sponsors Israeli and International folk dances, square dances, and line dances on Wednesday nights.
- Dances are usually first Sundays from 2:00 pm to 5:00pm, with a lesson for new dancers starting at 1:30pm. Exceptions are posted below.
- January 17: Mason Dixon Contra Dance Orchestra
- Calling by Susan Taylor and Jan Alter
- Pot luck supper and jamming after the dance.
- February 7: Run of the Mill String Band with calling by Mark Hillegonds
- Palmer Loux (fiddle), Greg Loux (guitar), Paul Sidlick (banjo, mandolin), Mat Clark (bass)
- March 6: Live Wire with calling by Greg Frock
Ben Kennedy (piano), Josh Burdick (fiddle), Bill Quern (mando, melodeon, banjo, etc), Sarah Gowan (guitar, concertina, feet)
Mindy Dole birthday celebration!
Directions for Traveling Dancers
2126 The Highway, Arden, DE 19810
From Philadelphia and north:
Take I95 south to Delaware line.
Use I495 to take the Naamans Rd. exit.
Turn right and head west for 1.7 miles.
Turn left at the light on Marsh Rd/Rt 3.
Turn left at the next light on Harvey Rd.
Turn right at the next light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
From Baltimore, Newark DE and south:
Take I95 north through Wilmington.
Exit at the Harvey Road exit, 5 miles north of Wilmington.
Turn left on Harvey Road.
Turn left at the third light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
If you would like to play or call for the Arden Contra Dance, please contact Chris Deephouse at 302.477.1867 or chris|at|deephouse.name.