The Folk Dancing Gild sponsors a Contra Dance at the Arden Gild Hall in north-eastern Delaware. Dances feature live bands and callers from Maine to North Carolina, a nice floor, and much more! Regular admission is $10.00, $9.00 Arden Club members, $5 students. Join us on Facebook.
The Folk Dancing Gild also sponsors Israeli and International folk dances, square dances, and line dances on Wednesday nights.
- Dances are usually first Sundays from 2:00 pm to 5:00pm, with a lesson for new dancers starting at 1:30pm. Exceptions are posted below.
- Oct. 2: Contra Rebels with calling by Dave Rupp
- Barb Schmid (fiddle), Todd Clewell and Henry Koretsky (guitars)
- Nov. 6:Dr. Twamleys Audio Snakes with calling by Sam Rotenberg
- Mike Rovine (fiddle), Jill Smith (piano), Wes Steenson (guitar)
- Dec. 4: Rumpus with calling by Jan Alter
- Sarah Gowan (guitar, concertina), Bill Quern (fiddle, mandolin) and friends
Directions for Traveling Dancers
2126 The Highway, Arden, DE 19810
From Philadelphia and north:
Take I95 south to Delaware line.
Use I495 to take the Naamans Rd. exit.
Turn right and head west for 1.7 miles.
Turn left at the light on Marsh Rd/Rt 3.
Turn left at the next light on Harvey Rd.
Turn right at the next light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
From Baltimore, Newark DE and south:
Take I95 north through Wilmington.
Exit at the Harvey Road exit, 5 miles north of Wilmington.
Turn left on Harvey Road.
Turn left at the third light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
If you would like to play or call for the Arden Contra Dance, please contact Chris Deephouse at chris|at|deephouse.name.