The Folk Dancing Gild sponsors a Contra Dance at Arden Gild Hall in north-eastern Delaware. Dances feature live bands and callers from Maine to North Carolina, a nice floor, and much more! Regular Admission is $10.00, $9.00/Arden Club members. Find us on Facebook.
The Folk Dancing Gild also sponsors Israeli and International folk dances and square dances on Wednesday nights.
- Dances are usually first Sundays from 2:00 pm to 5:00pm, with a lesson for new dancers starting at 1:30pm. Exceptions are posted below.
- No dance in December
- January 1, 2014. Kristin Seibert, from North Carolina, calling with David Knight and Dave Wiesler.
- Special New Years Day program
- 2:00 to 5:00 International folk dance
- 5:00 to 7:00 Potluck supper in the Gild Hall
- 7:00 to 10:00 Contra dance
- January 19 Susan Taylor and Rick Mohr calling with the amazing Mason Dixon Contra Dance Orchestra
- February 2 Donna Hunt calling with Celador from North Carolina
- Gretchen Caverly (fiddle) and David Hayes (guitar, mandolin, tenor banjo, and electronica)
- March 2 Angela DeCarlis and Bryan Suchenski calling with Contra Rebels
- Todd Clewell (fiddle) and Henry Koretsky (guitar)
Directions for Traveling Dancers
From Philadelphia and north:
Take I95 south to Delaware line.
Use I495 to take the Naamans Rd. exit.
Head west for 1.7 miles.
Turn left at the light on Marsh Rd/Rt 3.
Turn left at the next light on Harvey Rd.
Turn right at the next light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
From Baltimore, Newark DE and south:
Take I95 north through Wilmington.
Exit at the Harvey Road exit 5 miles north of Wilmington.
Turn left on Harvey Road.
Turn left at the third light Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
2126 The Highway, Arden, DE 19810
If you would like to play or call for the Arden Contra Dance, please contact Chris Deephouse at 302.477.1867 or chris|at|deephouse.name.