The Folk Dancing Gild sponsors a Contra Dance at the Arden Gild Hall in north-eastern Delaware. Dances feature live bands and callers from Maine to North Carolina, a nice floor, and much more! Regular admission is $10.00, $9.00 Arden Club members, $5 students. Join us on Facebook.
The Folk Dancing Gild also sponsors Israeli and International folk dances and square dances on Wednesday nights.
- Dances are usually first Sundays from 2:00 pm to 5:00pm, with a lesson for new dancers starting at 1:30pm. Exceptions are posted below.
- Jan. 1: New Year’s Day Dances
- 2:00-5:00 pm Folk Dance with International Folk Sounds
- 5:00-7:00 pm Pot Luck Supper
- 7:00-10:00 pm Contra Dance with Mark Hillegonds calling for Dave Wiesler, Katie McNally, and Catherine Miller
- One dance $12; student $7 All Day $23; student $ 13
- Jan. 15: Mason Dixon Contra Orchestra with calling by Susan Taylor and Jan Alter
- Spuds from Philadelphia and Baltimore Open Band
- Pot Luck Supper
- Jamming after the dance until 7:30 pm
- $11 (club members $10) students $5
- Feb. 5: Colonel Mike’s Dance Band with calling by Christine Merryman and Justin Kauker
- John Krumm (fiddle and guitar), Bob Stein (accordian) and Bob Pasquarello (piano)
- March 5: Firefly Gals & Friends with calling by Donna Hunt
- Donna DiPaulo (guitar), Don DiPaulo (fiddle), Christy Gross (upright bass), Judy Head (fiddle), Beth Hunter (fiddle), Elisa Lang (banjo), and Jansen Wendell (fiddle)
- April 2: Caravan with calling by Ridge Kennedy
- Kristen Erwin (whistles, flute), Thane Glenn (mandolin), Ben Kennedy (piano), Adam Oleksa (violin)
- May 7: Raise the Roof with calling by Janine Smith
- Matt Clarke (fiddle), Judy Stellar (hammered dulcimer), Bob Pasquraello (bass), and Kathy Talvitie (guitar)
Directions for Traveling Dancers
2126 The Highway, Arden, DE 19810
From Philadelphia and north:
Take I95 south to Delaware line.
Use I495 to take the Naamans Rd. exit.
Turn right and head west for 1.7 miles.
Turn left at the light on Marsh Rd/Rt 3.
Turn left at the next light on Harvey Rd.
Turn right at the next light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
From Baltimore, Newark DE and south:
Take I95 north through Wilmington.
Exit at the Harvey Road exit, 5 miles north of Wilmington.
Turn left on Harvey Road.
Turn left at the third light on Orleans Rd. The Gild Hall is 150 yds on left.
If you would like to play or call for the Arden Contra Dance, please contact Karen Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org