Fear not. Arden Shakespeare Gild auditions are as un-intimidating as an audition can be. They are friendly and fun. We welcome actors of any level of experience or inexperience. None of the parts have been pre-cast. All parts are open. Here is our audition process in a nutshell:
• Auditions for the summer production are usually held on a Monday and Tuesday night in mid-March. Optional prepared monologues of 1-2 minutes are heard starting at 7 pm. Monologues do not have to be from the play we have selected for the summer production or even from Shakespeare. Any piece that demonstrates your acting skills is fine. And, again, monologues are entirely optional.
• Auditions for the play are through scene readings starting promptly at 7:30. Sides (mini scripts) for the selected scenes will be available for actors to read starting at 7 p.m.
• You can download the Audition Form/Rehearsal Calendar before the auditions. Or you can pick one up at auditions. The link to the audition form goes live each year around 1 month before auditions.
• You should bring your personal calendar with you so you can note any rehearsal conflicts on the back of your audition form.
• If you are not asked to return to call-backs, that does NOT mean you didn’t get a part.
Click here for more details, advice and encouragement.
This link is active a month before the auditions.