Fear not. Arden Shakespeare Gild auditions are as un-intimidating as an audition can be. They are friendly and fun. We welcome actors of any level of experience or inexperience. None of the parts have been pre-cast. All parts are open. Here is our audition process in a nutshell:
• The Shakespeare Gild’s summer production for 2017, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, directed by Tanya Lazar will hold auditions on March 13 and 14 at 7 PM, with callbacks if necessary on March 16. Rehearsals will begin in early April.
• Auditions for the play are through scene readings starting promptly at 7:30. Sides (mini scripts) for the selected scenes will be available for actors to read starting at 7 p.m.
• You can download the Audition Form/Rehearsal Calendar before the auditions. Or you can pick one up at auditions. The link to the audition form goes live each year around 1 month before auditions.
• You should bring your personal calendar with you so you can note any rehearsal conflicts on the back of your audition form.
• If you are not asked to return to call-backs, that does NOT mean you didn’t get a part.
Click here for more details, advice and encouragement.
This link is active a month before the auditions.