107th Arden Fair is Saturday, August 30, 2014 10am to 6pm
Rain-date is Sunday, August 31, 2014 10am to 6pm
- Free Admission
- Free Music
- Free Shuttle-Bus Service Park free at the Hanby Outdoor Center on Chestnut Road between Marsh and Darley Roads.
- ATM Machine On Site.
- Holistic Expo at the Buzz Ware Village Center with a $1 admission fee.
- Art exhibit in Gild Hall’s Backstage Gallery
- Over 120 Vendors of Hand-Made Crafts and Jewelry
- Antiques Market: over 50 vendors with a small admission fee
- Music in The Grove
◦ Drink: Beer and Wine by the glass, soft drinks and bottled water are for sale.
◦ Food: Swim Gild Meatball Sandwiches, Dinner Gild Grilled Corn on the Cob, and other delicious items are for sale.
- Shakespeare Gild children’s games, rides, including pony rides (11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.). Tickets can be purchased for all games and rides. All offer prizes.
- Upper Food Court (across from Gild Hall) with hamburgers, veggie-burgers, hot dogs, sodas, iced tea, Hawaiian shaved ice, french fries, pizza, funnel cakes and more!
- Library Gild Book Sale with thousands of books (inside Gild Hall)
- Gardeners’ Gild Plant Sale
- Folk Dancing demo with audience participation on Gild Hall stage.
- Baked Goods, Kettle Corn, Balloons, T-shirts and more!
- Also open will be the Arden Craft Shop Museum.
SHUTTLE BUS PARKING
There is plenty of free parking at the YMCA Hanby Outdoor Center with shuttle buses every few minutes. Location: Parking for shuttle buses is on Chestnut Road, between Marsh and Darley Roads, just north of Arden. NOTE: No dogs are allowed on shuttle buses except guide dogs (a.k.a. “seeing-eye” dogs).
Photos of past Arden Fairs
Click here: http://ardenclub.org/about/arden-fair-photos/
THE ARDEN FAIR
Every year, the Arden Fair and Antiques Market is held the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. The Fair features children’s games and rides, handmade crafts by over 100 vendors (many of whom are local), an Antiques Market, used books (inside Gild Hall), plants, live music in the Shady Grove, delicioius food and drink, an art exhibit, and more. Admission and shuttle buses are free!
The Arden Club is a non-profit organization. Proceeds from the Fair help maintain the Arden Gild Hall, where the public can enjoy concerts, musicals, plays, dances, suppers, and programs throughout the year.
Most of the event is outdoors which includes macadam, grassy hills and knolls, and the Shady Grove, and there are two indoor exhibit venues – Gild Hall and the Buzz Ware Village Center. There is a Food Court. Also, food and refreshments are offered for sale down in the Shady Grove, plus free live music all day long.
Friendly pets are welcome but the owners need to be aware that they are responsible for cleanup of their pets. Pets must be on a leash at all times. The Fair has many tantalizing smells and sights – which could prove very stressful to dogs. No dogs are allowed on shuttle buses except guide dogs (a.k.a. “seeing-eye” dogs).
VOLUNTEERS MAKE IT HAPPEN
Fair set-up on Friday (we’ll feed you dinner afterwards, including vegetarian items) Children are more than welcome to help. There’s a lot that goes into setting up the fair – ALL HANDS ON DECK!
Fair Day opportunities on Saturday include helping with children’s games, sandwich stand, soda/beer booths, baked goods, balloons, books, plants, T-shirts, face painting, and more.
Fair take-down on Sunday (we’ll give you breakfast afterwards: bagels, fruit, etc.)
If you want to stay at home instead, cook us some sugar goodies and drop them off 12:00 – 8:00pm Friday in the Upper Gild Hall – someone will be there to receive them or you may drop them off by 8:00 a.m. on Fair Day at the Moonlight Theater. Please include your name and a description of your dessert on your donation.
Remember, the proceeds from the Fair help to provide services for those inside and outside of Arden.
The Arden Fair was originally conceived as a farewell to summer, in the days when Arden’s population shrank perceptibly after Labor Day. Today the Fair is the Arden Club’s premier fund-raiser of the year, the proceeds going to the maintenance of Gild Hall and to our many activities.
• Arden Fair Chair: Steve Cohen, 475-5814
• Antiques Market: Lynda Kolski, 475-1658; or Mary Marconi, 475-6819.
• Craft Booths: Katrina Nelson, 475-1413 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Food and Beverage Vendors: Edmond Bischoff – 475-8253
• Musician Contact: Allan Kleban.